Do your kids seem to have a favorite parent?

My son is almost 10 months old and he worships the ground his Father walks on. He talks Dh's keys,cell phone,wallet,shoes etc... and loves it and tries to mimic Daddy,wants Daddy to be there before he goes to sleep at night.

Question #1 Did anybody elses kids do this this early? I mean I 've seen it in four year olds but not infants.
Question #2 Which parent did your kids seem to favor and did it bug you? Because I'm really starting to dislike this.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:59 PM on May. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• My daughter adored me from day 1, cried every time her dad picked her up. It bugged me because I couldn't even leave her with him to go pee cuz shed freak out!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:01 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My daughters are definitely daddy"s girls. About a month ago my 6 year old said "But mama you never do anything for us but comb our hair and that hurts." My feelings were so hurt because I was thinking I DO EVERYTHING for you. My husband on the other hand comes home from work and makes them really comfy pallets, puts on their favorite movies, pops them popcorn, and gives them whole ice cream sandwiches when I only give them half. The kids are more fond of him because he is always doing the super nice stuff while i have to be the disciplinarian, the hair comber, and the parent who makes them eat their veggies.
    alboston

Answer by alboston at 12:05 AM on May. 18, 2011

• my son loves my mother more then he loves me and hes been like that for quite a whole. before 10 months old. its BAD. it really bothers me and hurts my feelings sometimes. when shes watching him at her house, i will go there and he will scream and cry & run away from me and say help me help me. we go to family events and hes like " noni noni" wants to show everything to her and do everything with her. if shes around, he acts like im not even there. its really wierd.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 12:06 AM on May. 18, 2011

• They used to all be "momma's babies" but now...I think my oldest (10) hates me, LOL. The youngest used to be scared of her daddy (he was deployed most of the time when she was a little infant and didn't get that special bonding time). She still prefers me over him, though, and I think with him being military and gone a lot, that it has to do with a lot. I would love for my kids to have that special bonding with their daddy.

I think its sweet that your little guy adores his daddy like that (especially if daddy is a good daddy/husband?). But you're right, I've never seen it so young.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 12:09 AM on May. 18, 2011

• alot of children worship the ground their Daddy walks on ... he's not around as much usually and the idolize him!!!! mommy's get to be the ones that say NO Stop behave and are around all the time.

traren

Answer by traren at 12:27 AM on May. 18, 2011

• yes, all four of my children favor me. .. I have two boys, 18 and 11 and my girls are 6 and 2
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:42 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My boys favor me, they are 16 and 13 and have since day 1. Their dad is too controlling and strict and my method is communication and negotiation, so they will butt heads with their dad on a daily basis sometimes. They get easily annoyed with him as well. They always come to me for everything, and they always have. We are very close.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:20 AM on May. 18, 2011