Please give me any good advise to know about going to Disney World.

We are leaving in 4 days (myself, husband and 3 daughters 11,6 and 5)and I wanted to know what are some things I definitely dont want to forget to bring, any advise, good places to, what are must sees, etc.

alboston

Asked by alboston at 12:00 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Travel

• Aww you should have asked before now, I'd say first Rent a house! Much better then a hotel! Go to universal if possible its great there!! For disney, eat before you go, kids meals arent bad price but better spending your time on rides then stopping to eat. Have batteries, SD card for camera, pens and autograph book for sure, a lot of patience! Start in one section i.e. tomorrow land and work around in a circle don't skip around. Leave a come back if you have park hopper passes many people are gone at dinner time, so plan your meals a little different. Go back when everyone leaves. This way you can eat back at your room or whatever and the kids can rest a bit. How many days your going to be there, that makes a big difference too. there is a lot to do! I have been there a billion times, if you need more info please message me!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 11:09 AM on May. 18, 2011

• sunscreen, camera, backpack, bring or rent a stroller for the two younger ones for sure!

Do at least one park a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Bring your own sunscreen and hats. And I would also bring water bottles. As long as they are empty, they allow them in. Fill them with water once you are there. We also bought some kool-aid singles, so the kids would still have a treat, but it was super cheap. Another thing I saw once on a thrift site, was to buy your souvenirs before you go and just pull them out while you are there. Also if your kids want character autographs, buy or make your own before you leave. Everything is super expensive in the park, plan ahead and make sure you have anything you will need before you walk into the park.

Have FUN!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:07 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I meant make your own autograph book.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:10 AM on May. 18, 2011

• There is a nice petting farm called Green Meadows not far outside Orlando. We took our daughter when she was 3 and she had a blast. It might not be so fun for your older child but it ended up being really nice to do something not so Disney for a day. I plan on going back there the next time we visit.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 9:01 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I never been but a friend of ours has been,she said you need to plan on what you want to do while their,it's a huge place and tons to do!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:26 PM on May. 18, 2011

• How long are you going to be at Disney World? Any specific questions? I've been there several times in the past three years.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:49 PM on May. 18, 2011

• We will be there for 7 days and we rented a condo. I am trying to map out an itinerary for each day. We are doing the 4 different Disney parks and the 2 water parks. We bought lots of snacks to take and I will make breakfast every morning. I will go to our disney store to see if I can find autograph books. Someone mentioned disney pins and lanyards are the pins free? where do we get the lanyards?
    alboston

Comment by alboston (original poster) at 2:54 PM on May. 18, 2011

• You can purchase pins and lanyards everywhere at Disney. They have pin only shops, but they are also available in almost every shop there. Some people get really into trading pins.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:08 AM on May. 21, 2011