Have you ever regretted getting your tubes tied!!!!

I do I want to have a baby again so bad and every time I see my DH play with someone else's child it just makes me want one more!!!! and tonight he asked my 5 year old SD if she wanted a Baby to play with it brought me to tears because I made the choice to get my tubes tied years before I got with my DH I love him very much and he knows I can't get preg. it just makes me feel horrible because I would love to have his baby and getting a reversal is out of the question... it just cost's too much !!!!

traren

Asked by traren at 12:12 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• That's why I will nevr get it done...I dont want more kids at least not right now,but if I do in the future I want that option...my friend is getting a reversal because she wants another one...i tried telling her to not get it done t begin with...so now she has to spend all this money for the like 80% chance of getting pregnant which was hard for her to begin with because she has endometriosis...I think it's crazy...I'm sorry your having such troubles...I hope the desire for another baby passes.

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 8:19 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I hear this from people often so have chosen not to get mine tied.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 12:44 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i alway known that something like this is permanant so i never would of done and a friend of mine feels the same way. i feel sorry for her. at least know your not alone. i would so carry someone's baby if i wasn't getting so old in age.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:48 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Nope! I had my two and KNEW I was done. I have never ever wanted another baby since...
    I think they are cute and all-but have NO desire go there again!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:10 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Honestly this is exactly why I never want to get anything permanent done. Even tho at this point BC has seemed to fail me! Even after an IUD in place I have managed to get myself pregnant (yes I am a very rare case)..but I plan on getting another one if this baby doesn't survive the removal. I never want to NOT have the option of having more kids. I mean i have two now. but I want more.
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 2:05 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes I did, tell my oldest started getting into trouble. That was enough to stop wanting another.

Answer by louise2 at 6:34 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My dh has, not me though. Three is enough for me. Lol
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 6:59 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't regret it. I miss the baby stage but all babies grow into kids, and my hands are full with the three I have. I do feel sorry for you though that you are regretting yours and hope you are able to get over the regret or able to find away to do IVF or reversal so you can have what you want.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 8:12 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I have 5 and I had mine tied after my youngest was born less than a year ago. My husband would love another one, and I would too if my kidneys were in good shape. I am holding on to my 10 month old as often as I can because I know she's my last!

Answer by missanc at 9:46 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I have 4 biokids and a stepdaughter, and that's enough. Even if DH died or something and it was just me and the 4 kids, I can't see myself wanting another. Any man I would be with would just have to accept that because there's no going back.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:58 PM on May. 18, 2011