Am I a party pooper?

OK, MIL thinks that it is borderline abuse for children to not believe in Santa, I find it disturbing when people go out of their way trying to convince children that Santa is real even when they figure out that he isn't. Am I a party pooper? NO DRAMA!

mlregalado

Asked by mlregalado at 7:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Holidays

• Santa IS REAL!! I can not even believe that you would destroy christmas by not believing. You must be on his naughty list!
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 10:38 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Nope not a party pooper. Honestly what kid would not be excited seeing presents under a tree? They don't care who it's from they care about the present. Santa or not, they will be excited and abuse? That's not even remotely close to borderline abuse lol that's ridiculous.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 7:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You both are party poopers, slightly. You know that three year olds and some four year olds love imagination. If you say "hey look out the window, do you see the purple flying horses?" Many will say "Yeah" They imagine that they are seeing them.

To suggest that there is a magical man with eight reindeer that gives gifts to all the good little boys and girls is just playing with their strong imagination. To go out of your way to prove it is another thing. If a kid says that they don't believe in Santa why try to lie and say that Santa is for real? On the other hand why would you want to ruin a dream or imagination by telling them that Santa is fake?

Just let the kids be kids and use their imagination.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:17 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• That's not true about the look out the window thing. My nephew would say where? I don't see it....and look around. I've tried something similar trying to distract him one time when we were playing.
    Anonymous

• Anon. I said "some" not all. It is a developmental stage that most kids do go through though.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• How would I be ruining their imagination of Santa if they never knew Santa exsisted in the first place?
    Anonymous

• If they never knew about Santa or believe in Santa, there should be no issue.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I really don't think it's a big deal- it's not like Santa is a religion or something!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 7:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• well everyone does things a different way. i think it is partying pooping, we love christmas and my children loved the idea of santa and when they learned the truth no they were not hurt, not devestated.its fun its magical and i loved staying up til they went to bed to sneak around putting out present and hubby loved it too
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• LOL I'm 40 and my mother STILL puts "From Santa" on my gifts! She's a little loony...but what's the harm?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:47 PM on Dec. 6, 2008