End of the world topic

In one post some moms were saying this is being talked about to their children in school.
Is this cause its part of the topic of Science or cause children are hearing about in the news, than asking their teachers and teachers are basically just telling this yes it will end?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 12:19 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think children hear this from all over... school, church, parents, media, and take the
    information with them and talk about it... they are children, and sometimes out of
    excitement, fear, confusion they ask others if it's true or tell what they hear to their friends
    and it spreads from there from child to child.
    Teachers are sometimes the ones who have to get creative as to how or what to say to them
    so not to step on any toes...

I wish ppl would keep these things away from the children... to me it's just causing undo fear...

JMO
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:49 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I do agree with you gmasboy  this can cause too much fear in these kids. I think this is a topic that should be left up to the parents to talk to their kids about. Not everyone should just give their opinion out to the kids. Can you just imagine what these kids are left thinking? If I  was a parent to one of those kids, I would be furious! 

amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i think its important for kids to know that we dont know the answer to this question
    im glad its brought up in school, thats what schools for is to learn about the realities in life
    i wish i wasn't so protected as a kid that way it wouldnt all have hit me at once
    i dont think people give kids enough credit, they are smart and wont necessarily think the world's going to end just because someone told them so
    i personally think the world is going to end, but not as soon as everyone thinks and not as suddenly
    death is what saves us
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:26 AM on May. 18, 2011

• No, my sons teacher was talking about it with the classroom because SHE saw it on the news....it doesn't matter the reason there is a big difference between talking and discussing it with teens, and talking about it to 2nd and 3rd graders..
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 6:58 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My daughter asked me about it last week, and the return of chirst on sat too. lol

She's a skeptic, I'm thankful that she has a good head on her shoulders and doesn't fall prey to the fear mongers.
    According to her, she saw it on the news (the grand parents watch CBN- don't even get me started!), heard about it at school and that her teacher had to calm a couple of kids who were terrified that they would die, be raptured and leave pets behind, or that they would simply go to hell. I commend her teacher's effort in stating that it was simply all a hoax.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:38 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Kids could be talking about it amongst themselves, too, though I don't doubt that there are places where the teachers are saying things. I don't know if I think the teachers SHOULD be saying anything, given the religious nature of the speculations, especially if the kids are younger....
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:32 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I hadn't even thought about this being circulated among the kids. I remember when I was about 10 yrs. old, there was something like this going around that the world was going to end in 1984. I was terrified!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:24 PM on May. 18, 2011