Getting induced or having a C-section?

Think twice about that!
Watch 'Pregnant in America'-- You can rent or watch it instantly on NETFLIX.

NATURAL BIRTHERS-- BUMP THIS PLEASE.

amberpatterson

Asked by amberpatterson at 12:36 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Um tazzii: induction at 41 weeks did NOT save you.

1. you do not need to be dilated or thinned out in order for labor to start.

2. I know women that went into spontaneous labor at 43 weeks.

3. Just because you had no signs at 41 weeks does NOT mean it wasn't coming.

Baby knows when to be born. Most pregnancies are 41weeks and 1 days if left alone. but longer can happen safely.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i was dead set on a natural birth even wrote out my birth plan right away that i wanted a natural no meds birth.....then at 36 weeks my daughter was breech and at 37 weeks and 5 days she was still breech and in distress so we went with an emergency c-section i believe in c-sections and induction but only for a medical reason i know to many people who just want to get induced or have a c-section so they can have the baby on a certain day no matter the risk to the baby
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 5:33 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Business Of Being Born is a good one too!

I wish I had seen it before my first delivery. I was induced and it almost cost me my life.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:38 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Not sure about deformed uterus's but, breech babies can be born vaginally...even twins and triplets.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I was all set to have my babies with a midwife in the hospital, on my babies schedule... but I ended up having to beinduced... it was far better then dieing from eclampsia... I was dx'ed with pre-eclampsia both times. Both my children were born healthy.... the alternative to not being induced was not acceptable to me!! (lucky for me I never dealt with the doc... midwives in MA can do it all, unless you are medicated or need a c-section)

Bottom line is that there is NO cookie cutter approach to a successful delivery... each case is unique... no one should judge what another is going thru unless you are actually walking it their shoes!! You have to make the decision that works best for you and your family... free from judgement from others who think they know what's best for you!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:48 AM on May. 18, 2011

• There is no clear cut answer on this debate. Women need to educate themselves and talk to their doctor about their options and concerns before entering the delivery room.

Overemphasizing natural births being the best way to go can have a negative impact. My cousin flat out refused a c-section based on this hype, and her son is permanently brain damaged as a result.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:56 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I was induced n it saved my life! I was 41wks wasnt thinned out at all wasnt dialated at all and had no sign of having any contractions. they induced me broke my water i went from a 2 to a 10 in 15minutes pushed for 20 minutes and it was over just like that. because it happened so quick i didnt get the pleasure of an epideral relief but i swear that if i hadnt been induced i never would have went into labor. also ive had my appendix n gulblatter taken out n quite a few of minor surgeries and i would choose natural child birth being induced over C-Section any day
    tazzii310

Answer by tazzii310 at 12:45 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I had a c-section and it also saved my life and my childs. She was breached at 33 weeks and I have a deformed uterus. If she wasnt breeched and I delivered I could have died or my child could have died.
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 12:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I know. But either way it wouldn't have ended happily. I would have loved to have a reg birth. But for me it isnt possible
    Augusta

Answer by Augusta at 1:13 AM on May. 18, 2011

• The Business of Being Born is great! I would also recommend Ina May Gaskin's books. I'll have to check out Pregnant in America.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:13 AM on May. 18, 2011