Am i hormonal or should i feel this way (very long)

i'm 21 wks pregnant and will be 38 yrs old this yr and this my eight pregnancy. lately i have been really busy starting a dog grooming co and finnishing up getting my grooming certificate, i have 2 young girls one that is just past 16 months and a 5 yr this past monday. anyway i have not been able to maintain our home as well. i have been getting hip pain and sometimes it hurts so much to get up or sit donw that tears come to my eyes. my husband has not been working for months now and although he does chores around here it's still seems that he expects more out of me then i should him. often times he's looking for recipes on his iphone to make new stuff for dinner now that we have food stamps. i got pregnant before he lost his job. he went and hung out with his friends at the movies, then at another friends a couple of other nights. he says that i go hang with my gf which is kinda true. i take my girls to the park each day for them to play with her day care kids. my youngest is always getting into everything she shouldn't i'm constantly pulling her of the picnic table with her just wiggling in my arms to climb right back up again. i'm getting so sick of it that i'm thinking of not going anymore. it's not relaxing for me. long story short, i want to cry cause he is out again and finally the girls are in bed i would be too but i have to finnish off my online defensive driving course for a ticket i got(online course is a joke) my feet and back hurt and i feel unappreciated, i can't help but think maybe i'm making to much of this. i really don't think so but i feel if i say something to him he'll say it's just cause i'm pregnant. oh i forot to mention he forgot mothers day( i wanted a massage coucher for mother's day) now he is showing me what he wants for father's day.....which i would like to conveniently forget...lol. he has the nerve to ask for a net book but yet i have to accept a crad that said that gifts don't mean as much as the love he has for me.,.....i'm not feeling very loved! would you say something to your hubby? am i wrong or just prego?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 12:44 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Both. But u should be irritated and you should say something. And I too would forget Fathers Day.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:48 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I think you have every good reason to feel like you do pregnant or not. When you take your children to go visit your friend that is not the same thing as him going out solo with his. If he doesn't agree then tell him to start taking the kids along with him when he goes out and then let him try to tell you it's the same. I can't stand double standards. If the two of you are a team then you both need to be supportive and encouraging of the needs of BOTH individuals and the whole. Which means working together to make sure the house and the kids are cared for, and making sure you both get some kid free time to let your hair down and relax both as a couple and alone/with friends.

Hopefully you are with a man who will be receptive to how you feel and objectively fair about the situation if you talk to him.

just my .02
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 12:50 AM on May. 18, 2011

• kayslay i have tried telling him this but you put in a way i think he might just understand. thanks
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 12:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• my hubby is way more supportive than that. I am so sorry you are going thru this. How about you photo copy the card he gave you for mother's day and buy yourself what you wanted for mothers day for fathers day instead???
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 3:35 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm sure you are hormonal, but that doesn't mean you're wrong for how you feel. It does sound like he's not being very supportive and helpful to you. That would be upsetting to me, pregnant or not. I would talk to him. See if something changes. If he continues and/or completely ignores/disregards your feelings, then I'd want to forget Father's Day too.

But I'd try talking to him first. Sometimes men are just really blind and don't realize how inconsiderate, rude and even mean they can be. I'd talk to him and give him a chance to change things if he's going to.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:47 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Best wishes, sweetie. Yes, you are hormonal since you're pregnant, but you are also a human being w/feelings and I think that pregnancy just enhances what we already feel. It has been many years since I was pregnant, but I am a pretty sensitive person & remember crying just by reading greeting cards at the grocery store. We all love to be "loved" & appreciated and when your pregnant, even more so! Try to sit down w/your husband and explain to him how you felt on Mother's Day when all he got you was a card. Some men don't come w/sensitivity & romance, so we have to teach them. I'd also discuss how, since he's not working that he could help w/the house chores, too and taking care of the children. Making a daily list for each of you might help. When both partners contribute to the running of the household, there's less resentment towards who's doing more & who isn't. Blessings for a healthy baby & marriage!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 7:54 AM on May. 20, 2011