On birthcontrol but have pregnancy systems!

im on the pill but sometimes miss days..ive had alot of symtoms and i took a home test that was negative so i guess im askin if its even possible for me to be prego and is me being on the pill making the test say a negative result?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The pill is only 99.9% effective so there is always a chance that you could be pregnant. Home tests are not accurate either, especially if you don't do them correctly. Call your doctor and have him/her do a pregnancy test for you so you can be sure.
    algolden05

Answer by algolden05 at 8:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Actually the pill is NOT 99.9% effective. Its only 98% effective IF used PERFECTLY. There is def. a chance of being pregnant on it seeing as you dont always take them like your supposed to. You can get a false neg. meaning you still might be a little to early to tell. I would either go to the doc and get a blood test or wait a week or two and take another one. I got pregnant with two of my children on the pill and used it almost perfectly so, I dont really trust them.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 10:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• The pill not taken at the same time, or during a case of even so much as a simple cold definitely offers the chance for pregnancy. It ain't foolproof. I have a new nephew from the pill!
    rettmom5

Answer by rettmom5 at 7:14 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• if your test says negative..I bet you are not. But I can be wronge. And no the pill does not have the hormone that the test is looking for..What is it called. HCG or something like that. You may be little irregular because you missed. The pill can sometimes make you feel sick and prego. Give a day or two. If you have anymore problems ..call your Dr.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:23 AM on Aug. 9, 2008