• In the Spotlight:

Today's Bailout Figure

Today, while watching the news, I was shocked about the new bailout numbers for the Big 3. We started at $25 billion, then went to $34 billion and now we are down to $15 billion. Seems to me they are going to get bailed out no matter what the people want. So, more money we don't have is going to be on loan to companies that haven't exactly given two hoots about the USA and its people. After all, they shipped alot of their factories overseas. Are any of you as concerned about the future we and our children face and how will you fare now????

foreverb3

Asked by foreverb3 at 7:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I think the 15 billion was supposed to go to them anyway (I dont know under what agreement). But they will just be back after Obama takes office to collect more. This isn't the last we have heard of this.
    Anonymous

• And Obama will give it to them :(
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Isn't Pelosi already saying that they will be working on an additional package that Obama can sign after he gets into office? I thought I saw that on the news (not sure of the channel though).
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• This is all a song and dance "so that it appears that they are fighting on our side" They know that they are going to give them the money and the big 2 know they are going to get it. That's why they initially showed up in their private jets. Its all a smoke screen.

Anonymous

• I heard Pelosi saying it will be a loan for them not just so called free money.They need to pay back.
    Anonymous

• Anon:I heard Pelosi saying it will be a loan for them not just so called free money.They need to pay back.

What I find ironic, is that is IS a loan, but there have been no TERMS to the repayment of the loan. question:So, if I went to the Local Cadillac dealership and picked out a nice fully loaded CTS, would they give ME a loan with no payment terms?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:31 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• OH, good question grlygrlz2! DH and I have to buy a car, I wonder if we can get in on those sweet loan terms?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:08 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I am surprised they are asking now they can wait a couple months and get the blank checks from Obama and the Democrat majority in Congress. We are in big trouble so glad we moved our investments into safer things last year we would be screwed right now had we not. We are hunkering down for the next 4 years because even Obama says it is going to get worse. I think even he knows what he promised his followers is a bad idea now.

Anonymous

• I am surprised they are asking now they can wait a couple months and get the blank checks from Obama and the Democrat majority in Congress.

why wait. BUSH (u know the republican president) said WE NEED TO BAIL THEM OUT.
    Anonymous

• even Obama says it is going to get worse. I think even he knows what he promised his followers is a bad idea now.

LMAO. blame the guy who is not even in office yet. HE said it because he knows that we are in a big mess. He is inheriting the worst economic disaster of our times
    Anonymous