How to get my child to sleep on her own

I have a 14 month old daughter and I have slept with her from the first day i brought her home from the hospital. Now she is so attached to me when she sleeps if im not in the bed with her she starts to feel for me and if she does not feel me she will wake up screaming. I feel so bad is it to early to have her sleep in her own bed?

Chow77

Asked by Chow77 at 2:31 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you are ok sleeping with her still then go ahead honestly, but if you must have her in her own bed you start sleeping with her in her bed, then after a month sleep a few hours with her then go to your bed and keep giving her less time with you, it may help if you sleep in the room still for a little while but it will take time and a lot of patience good luck
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:46 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Try putting her in her bed and sitting next to her till she falls asleep. Do this for about a week and then move to the middle of the room into a chair; then go to the doorway in the third week. This worked for my son. He did however keep getting up and coming into my room; I would simply tuck him back in says nite nite and go back to bed. He cried a little at first; but eventually he started sleeping on his own. I would also pretend to be sleeping when he came into my room repetitively lol. I never put him in his room and stuck a baby gate up or locked him in; i didn't want him to feel like I was punishing him. Best of luck; hope this helps!.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:48 AM on May. 18, 2011

• It's your choice when to stop. She is not too young my daughter has slept in her own bed since she was 2 months old. Mom of 3 angelz has a good plan for stopping if thats what you want to do.
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 9:58 AM on May. 18, 2011

• mom of tree angels I will try this.. it will be hard cuz I know she will cry but i will strong and just do it. I miss sleeping in the bed with my so.
    Chow77

Comment by Chow77 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on May. 18, 2011