Did your baby ever fall out of bed?

My DD did yesterday I fell asleep nursing and well she did not and rolled off. Lucky our bed is only a few inches of the ground , doesn't make me feel any better. Shes perfectly fine though =) Her sister did that once too when I though she was asleep and ran to the bathroom, she was a bit older though.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• It happens to the best of us so don't feel bad! My son rolled off the couch once when he was sleeping. Boyfriend was suppose to be watching him; didn't think he would fall since he was laying with hes head against the back of the couch and hi feet towards the floor. I also dropped my son once on his face because he was squirming so much and throwing a a temper tantrum. I had my hands full and was trying to carry him into the house when I lost my grip on him. I called 911 because his nose started bleeding; they came and said he was perfectly fine. Didn't make me fell better; but hey it happens.
    Mom_Of_3_Angelz

Answer by Mom_Of_3_Angelz at 4:36 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm pretty sure it happens to everyone (except, of course the "perfect mamas" of CM answers.)
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:55 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes! My youngest fell off the bed once when I was nursing him and fell asleep. He had just gotten over heart surgery too, so I was frantic! I was so sleep deprived, because I had been up with him every night for MONTHS and still had to function during the day, and when I called his doc, he laughed and reassured me that the baby was fine and no, I wasn't a terrible mother. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:35 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My son wiggled to the end of the bed one night and I accidently pushed him off with my foot. I thought he was the dog.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• NO NEVER! WHAT KIND OF PARENT ARE YOU??
    J/k haha just tryna cheer you up! yea all of mine fell. Off couches and beds. And they're just fine :)
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 9:18 AM on May. 18, 2011

• yes. once i was first home w my oldest. we lived in a older complex w hard floors w cheap titles over. i thought my daughter was my teddy bear. i pushed her off. i was very very sleep deprive and not used to it at all. i knew it was my daughter when she hit the floor and started to scream... i was so mad at myself. i nursed her and she was ok. although the next day i noticed a big red mark on her head..she still has it..
    my 7 month old has fallen twice out of our bed. thanx gods we have thick carpet. and once from the living room couch. again thick carpet. my 5 year old i dont think she fall as a baby. but as a walking older baby yes. she walked at 9 months. but that is another post..hehe
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 9:23 AM on May. 18, 2011

• especially if you co-slept...no one will talk bout it.
    dancingthrulife

Answer by dancingthrulife at 9:25 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My daughter climbed out of her crib in the middle of the night when she was about 12 or 13 months. It was incredibly scary but she was fine, not even a bruise!
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 9:35 AM on May. 18, 2011

• lol my second child crawled off the bed. I fell asleep nursing her one morning too. It was so nice, snuggle dup with her and her brother and I fell asleep and they played. He was 2 and told me shw crawled right off the bed! I felt awful and couldn't tell dh till she was older, I felt bad and was ashamed to admit I could let somehing like that happen. DUH!! So after that I didn't nurse her laying down if I was really tired. I've had 2 since and so far so good, no one else has gone over the side of the bed!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 10:28 AM on May. 18, 2011

• watching a friends baby for the thousandth time I put him down for a nap in a queen size bed, he rolled off and cut his cheek on the bed frame.. feel horrible still to this day cuz it left a scar..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 10:52 AM on May. 18, 2011