Two year old allergic to Tide?

I had a coupon that made it like 50cents a bag for the dissolving packs so I stocked up and bought 7 or 8 bags. Now my two year old broke out in a rash all over her belly for the last few days, she hasn't told me it's itchy or anything but I washed all of her bedding in the Tide. Most of the time I use Purex or the All free and clear. Can I just wash her stuff in a different detergent and ours in the Tide?

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 4:39 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You can try. But if she's rubbing against you or your covers, she might break out again. It depends on how allergic she is to the soap. I'd also recommend not washing ANY of the towels she use in Tide or anything else she's going to frequently touch.
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 4:57 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Tide is pretty bad for perfumes and dyes. Almost my whole extended family is allergic to it. I'd suggest donating it or giving it to a friend who can use it. Be sure to not use it on your child's undies. That is worse than the sheets for reactions.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 6:18 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes you can if you have too.

Answer by louise2 at 6:23 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Also never underestimate contacting the company! They may send you an awesome coupon for you to try their free and gentle. Or ask you to return the tabs to them and give you coupons for the equivalent in their free and gentle formula for no additional cost.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:24 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, you can! Or follow But Mommie's advice and call the company- that can work wonders! I have a few people in the family that are allergic to Tide- not me or my DH or my kids(as far as I know) though.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:36 AM on May. 18, 2011

• We had to switch from Tide due to my daughter having the same problem. So we quit using it altogether. I use Cheer now, even on the baby's clothes and we never had that problem.
    bbchic

Answer by bbchic at 8:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Just do you and hubbys clothes/towels with Tide if you liked it. And do your l/o in Dreft I believe its called, its made just for children/baby clothes. No perfumes/dyes.
    mommy_of_2_0609

Answer by mommy_of_2_0609 at 1:36 PM on May. 18, 2011