Do you wash your sheets after you've just purchased them?

I've been told some people wash and wear their clothes after they purchase them. I wonder though...what about bedding?

Nursery bedding...I know most people will wash the bedding and bumpers before their newborn gets home, but what about the rest of the sheets you get from the store? Do you wash them after you peel them from the package or do you just dress your bed and be done with it till it NEEDS to be washed? Not just baby bedding, but toddler sheets, twin, full, queen, kind...YOUR bedding...yada yada lol.

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 5:41 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Yes, I wash everything before we go rolling around in it, whether it be clothes/linens/towels, even rugs and pet beds! Any and everything gets washed! Then after I am done, I spray it down with Febreze when I make the bed or after I hang new curtains up, etc. I like to make sure 1. It's clean and 2. It smells amazing!
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 5:51 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Call me lazy, but I don't. lol Clothes either for that matter. ...unless it was for my kids when they were newborns...
    ImPhoenix

Answer by ImPhoenix at 5:57 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Bedding, towels etc. - always. DS clothes and any undergarments - always. DH and my clothes? Not normally.
    Butter331

Answer by Butter331 at 6:13 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I wash every thing after purchase. Towels, sheets, cloths, all of that sort of stuff.

Answer by louise2 at 6:20 AM on May. 18, 2011

• It depends. Usually bedding I use from the package the first time. LOs usually get washed. The quality of princess sheets is not the same and they often have a rough feel when they come out of the package. I think it is some finish that they use. Hers usually get washed. Mine usually go right to the bed.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:42 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, always.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 6:53 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Always - it gets rid of any chemical residue that might be on the sheets and protects against bringing bed bugs into my home.
    Nonoluna

Answer by Nonoluna at 6:55 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 6:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I do because I have such sensitive skin I don't know what I would react to. Plus, I am a bit of a freak about stuff like that lol
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 7:01 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I always wash sheets before use. Otherwise they are stiff and not soft and comfy.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:32 AM on May. 18, 2011