Can a 9 month old eat sugar cookies? (with splenda)

or gingerbread men?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sugar cookies and gingerbread men are fine, it just depends on how well he/she eats solids in the first place. As far as the Splenda goes, it just depends on if you would like to poison your child or not.
    EvaSerenity

Answer by EvaSerenity at 7:26 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Well I can tell you this my children at that age ate alot of things and I can almost guarantee that they had foor that included splenda they are okay and it never caused any problems. I am a mother of 5 kids and they are all healthy I look at it like this if you would eat it then its okay for your child!
    pippyrushrush

Answer by pippyrushrush at 7:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• babies should never have any artificial sweeteners. 9 mos is too young for junk food of any kind anyway.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:41 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• The thing about Splenda is that too much can cause diarrhea, so be careful how much you give him. I would only give him one cookie and see how he does with that.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I just wouldn't give them anything "unnatural". Splenda (IMO) just hasn't been researched enough. How many times has something come out only to later be recalled because of it causing this or that?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't give any artificial sweeteners this young.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:22 AM on Dec. 7, 2008