Probably a common question

I am dialated to a 1 and I was just wondering if anyone knows if it is safe to have sex because of that?

Christyn_05_kc

Asked by Christyn_05_kc at 7:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Depends on how far along you are, if you are full tern then yes it's safe! It might even speed you up.. but if your not, then I wouldn't risk it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 7:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I heard it not good because risk of infection... But I don't really know how reliable that is.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 7:27 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I think it's fine as long as you are safe for labor. The male semen will actually help soften your cervix so that you can dilate more! It is often advised that you do it a whole lot! Have a nice night!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Ummm...Your fine

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 7:29 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I actually just asked my doctor that question earlier this week. I am 1cm dilated as well and am only 30 weeks. So I asked about sex and he said GO FOR IT!

The baby is still protected by the bag of waters so no infection!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 7:32 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was dialated to 4 two weeks before my daughter was born, and my doc actually suggested to have sex, hoping it might send me into labor. So, you shouldn't have any problems, ENJOY! lol.
    lostinthechaos

Answer by lostinthechaos at 7:44 PM on Dec. 6, 2008