Is it possible for a childhood allergy to return in your 30's?

DH was VERY allergic to dairy as a child. It made his face swell. No swelling thing the throat just his face and hands where it touched. Well for the last couple of weeks his fingers have been periodically swelling for what appears o be no reason. Is it possible his allergy has returned? I mean obviously we are going to try taking him off of it and then putting him back on... I just wondered if you thought this was a viable theory...

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 7:09 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Health

• I have heard of this happen, however it could be something else that has the same effects on his body. I would see a doc and have some test run. Swelling could be many things. Good Luck and I hope he feels better.
    lamping

Answer by lamping at 7:44 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Definitely a theory. Your body continues to change so you may find yourself allergic to things that never bothered you before. My MIL has become sensitive to tree nuts in her 40s and it never bothered her before
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 8:15 AM on May. 18, 2011