If a man tell you he loves you, then at 4am in morning text says its over. what do you do?? Tell him about the baby or what??

lonelyheart44

Asked by lonelyheart44 at 7:21 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• Never tell him about a baby for just the soul purpose of keeping him or thinking it will get him to come back. 9 out of 10 times it won't work out anyway. Wait a couple weeks, or a month then let him know...You know your reasons for telling him your pregnant, if it also comes in a sentence of it's fine we aren't together but I thought you needed to know, and somewhere a long the lines of not getting back together I'm all for it, just do not try to trap him because you think he will stay.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 7:23 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Sounds like a real winner there......let him go, you'll be so much better off. Who wants to be with somebody who plays head games like that??? What a loser...
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 7:28 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry, but I feel a man is entitled to know about a pregnancy that he's created. However, that was a heartless and ignorant way for him to break up with you. Do not stoop to his level. Ask him to sit down with you face to face and tell you in person how he feels. Tell him you need to do the same for closure. If he refuses, ask him again. If he refuses again, then follow the "3 strikes you're out" rule. At least your conscience will be clear; he owes you that much. It will be hard as well as painful for you, but do not compromise your right as a human being, a mom, and a woman! Seek professional help to help you deal with the immediate situation and the situations to come, especially if and when he finds out about the pregnancy. Look into your legal rights, as well as his. Be one step ahead of him. But do what's right for you and your baby! Someone playing around with your feelings is an emotional abuser!
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 7:59 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Ide wait till your in your secind trimester in case something happens...god forbid...but yeah he has a right to know at least.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 8:02 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Ask him wghy he said that then tell him about the pregnancy... He need to know. Its not so that you can trap him its more like tryiing to let him know
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 8:10 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I would tell him because he should know so he can (hopefully) take responsibility. But if you're only going to do it to try to get him to come back to you, then you should wait a bit.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:29 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Of course you tell him. My guess is that he already suspected or knew and hence, his sudden departure. I would text him right back, saying something like: "Congratulations on two fronts: one for having deceived me big time and two for your impending fatherhood." The sad thing is that there is no way of knowing how many other women he has done the exact same way. Some of these guys are professionals at it, and yet women keep falling for the same old deception. Knowing what a huge role my husband has played and is still fulfilling in the lives of our children, I have to tell you that the child you are carrying has lost more than anyone else involved. So yes, you send that text today!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:34 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Don't tell him about the baby until you have closure on this relationship. If you tell him and he decides to stay, you will allways be hurt that it wasn't because he loved you. Talk to him now. Ask him what happened. Tell him you still care and is there any way to work it out? Once you have that defined, tell him youre pregnant. He may need time to digest this news. You have nine months to figure out what his evolvement will be in your Childs life. Let him decide what that wiil be, but let him know now that you require his financial Assistance regardless of his evolvement.
    Ms.Gwen

Answer by Ms.Gwen at 9:00 AM on May. 18, 2011

• what ms. Gwen said...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:02 AM on May. 18, 2011

• he broke up with you in a text message?
    yikes, how long was the realtionship?
    if you are early in pregnancy, i too would try to wait to tell him
    and you do tell him, but on YOUR time and schedule
    i assume lots of time before baby arrives
    (congrates on the baby-btw)
    if you do become a single mom, better to be single mom right from the start instead of having him decide to dtich further on down the raod when your child will notice - just my opinion
    he can still be a father, or he may be a deadbeat - you can not control his actions, but you can control if he is in your life, you do not mention how you feel about him, your past with him, but saying 'i love you' and within 24 hours breaks up on a text-not a winner
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:15 AM on May. 18, 2011