What types of presents are you making for Christmas? Merry Christmas!

passionmom119

Asked by passionmom119 at 7:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm making some quilted coasters for a few people. My son made some snowman ornaments with that craft foam and fishing line and buttons. I also always make peppermint bark and this year I'm making caramel/chocolate covered pretzels for everyone.
    Merry Christmas!! :-)
    ErinMarie123

Answer by ErinMarie123 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yum chocolate pretzels, anyways i'm making my brother a bracelet out of hemp and bone beads. i was going to make my family oraments but decided not to. we're also making banana breads and pumpkin breads
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 10:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Quilted coasters sounds really neat!
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 11:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I do alot of baking to hand out to friends as little gifts in the holiday season. Mini loaves of banana breads, pumpkin bars, cookies of all sorts. Wrap them up in holiday colored plastic wrap and tie with raffia or ribbon. Another good idea for a homemade gift is to put hot cocoa mix in a mason jar (mix all the dry ingredients for a homemade hot cocoa and put in the jar) along with a wrapped candy cane and 4 pieces of chocolate (I like DOVE). Type instructions to make the cocoa on a small piece of paper and tie with raffia to the lid of the jar. This way they can make a cup of hot cocoa and flavor it with the chocolate or candy canes. This always goes over well!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• to save money I was actually going to make little bags for the gift wrap less to throw w away
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I am doing baskets full of homemade foods. I canned 5 different pickles and 8 different jams to go in them. I am also making 2 kinds of donuts,fudge,peanut butter cups,caramel apple bars, and mini breads. I am also putting a photo of my daughter in there that I took of her in a little hat/apron outfir holding a wisk and a spatula.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i am making my nephews appliqued shirts and my hubby's gandma a blanket. i may end up doing more blankets though.
    maddismom247

Answer by maddismom247 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• nothing,my family does not appreciate handmade/home made gifts. They consider that a "poor persons gift". My sister has a neice that bakes yearly for her,she will not tell her that they do not appreciate or eat the goodies,she just pitches after the party is over,Robin
    ilovecoffee95

Answer by ilovecoffee95 at 3:49 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Homeade gifts come straight from the heart. Christmas is not about material gifts. That's too bad.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 3:58 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Well I have been searching for Ideas for my two kids aged 2 1/2 and 8 months.. though it has been a nightmare to actually find something.. I have decided to make soap crayons for my daughter and my son I am thinking about making soft blocks with a bell and crinkle paper inside for him.. I am also going to make sock Monkeys for the both of them.. And as much as I love my hubby, well he got his gift early this year.. and new cell phone..
    Lovingmomma2

Answer by Lovingmomma2 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 8, 2008