Are there any things at the moment that stress you out regarding your child(ren) school and education?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• high schoolers on the same bus as my soon to be kindergartner, I worry that she isn't getting the proper education because everyone is so worried about the child left behind that we have no "dumbed" down our education system and are now close to the "dumbest" nation in the world because we see congress's pay-raise to be more important than our children's education.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yeah, I have 2 in college. I'm worried about them being able to pay for it so they can finish and get a job.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:14 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My stress is that we will have 2 in high school next year and 2 in elementary and we pay for a Catholic education. It is very difficult because of this expense and hard to find any extra money which makes it stressful, but we feel for our family this is important. So I stress about money a lot.
    Frankie64

Answer by Frankie64 at 8:27 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes a boy in my DD's class (3rd grade) that keeps touching her, latest thing,used the necklace she was wearing to choke her, I am furious, we had a meeting with the teacher and staff ,they assured me they have a no bully tolerance and will be dealing with this kid, there have been many witnesses to this kids behavior and it isn't only my dd he picks on, he is always touching someone, I told them my expectations and I won't tolerate a bully, my dd deserves to go to school and not be bullied, the Principal is going to talk to my dd & tell her anymore trouble and she comes to him, so he can deal with it then. I also requested next year ,my DD is not to be in the same class with him.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:39 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My kids go to a french immesion shcool. JK is taught in english and french starts in SK. I have 2 kids already enrolled (SK and grade 1) and my dd will be starting jk in 2 years. The school is no longer offering courtely JK to the french immersion students. I don't want her to miss our on her JK year, my older 2 loved it and I'm sure she will too. I don't want to send her to an english school in our catchment area because then she'll have to change schools for SK.
    I worry about that but otherwise their school is great.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:46 AM on May. 18, 2011

• No stress for me about my kinder age child. My 5th grader though is living with his dad and has had alot of absences and has his EOG's this week so I am a bit concerned about those because we have "gateway" tests. If he doesnt pass he cannot move onto the 6th grade.
    With my 17 yr old there is tons of stress, but it is positive stress you can say. He graduates next June, so we are scrambling to get his graduation stuff paid for, his portraits, saving already for homecoming & prom, and a large gift to give him when he graduates. His dad and I are considering a brand new car.

Answer by gemgem at 9:05 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I worry about how my youngest will do in 7th grade next year, given his inability to want to do well. He told me awhile back that smart kids aren't cool, he is very capable but he fails on purpose. We have gotten his grades up and have had a lot of talks but I'm still nervous for him, because I don't like the other children in his class and see many of them as poor influences. I'm hoping he makes some new friends as well, we just live in a small town so its rare he'll meet any more kids that doesn't already know.
    My oldest will be a junior so the college flyers are coming in, it just stresses me out to think that he'll be going off to college soon. :(
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:16 AM on May. 18, 2011