Where did you see or read that the world is going to end May 21?

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:23 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• My husband came home from work yesterday or the day before and was telling me he heard that also. Not sure where he heards it tho. Could have just been ppl talking at work
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 8:25 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yeah - we're having a party.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:26 AM on May. 18, 2011

• here and I still have no idea what it's all about!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:26 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I saw this online, and on the news this morning as well... But this Howard Camping guy is a total creep. He also "predicted" that this same thing would happen in september of 1994..... :\ He's a fraud and I'd hope nobody else will believe this nonsense... It's truly laughable...
    emma1776

Answer by emma1776 at 8:27 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, We are having a party Saturday. Is my sons Birthday.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:28 AM on May. 18, 2011

• here on cafemom actually - then i looked it up for myself.

it's actually a misconception that it's "ending" on may 21st. the theory is that the Rapture is happening May 21st. meaning those who have been saved by Jesus will be swept into the Heavens that day, the rest of us damned folks will remain here on Earth and await the world to end sometime in October. i do not put any faith into this hype.. this whackjob also predicted the world to end in Sept. 1994. Yet here we all stand...
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 8:32 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I heard it here on CM!
    *I will be seeing the new Pirates movie that day though so if the world ends- I'm good ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:32 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My mom was telling me about how she had heard about the whole thing. If you ask me, it's an absolute joke.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 8:32 AM on May. 18, 2011

• The same douche who said the christ was going to return in 1994- Obviously he miscalculated. lol

I'm totally partying sat. I have friends coming in from out of town (coincidentally) and my baby is going to be flying in from OR from a 10 day trip! Oh, I'll be doing some "worshiping". ;)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:34 AM on May. 18, 2011

• On Cafemom
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:40 AM on May. 18, 2011