Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How can I get my ex to stop making sexual comments?

He is on my facebook page because it's his only real way to see photos of the girls but it's so annoying! I took a photo that I had of the girls and I bowling, I was helping them toss the ball and he makes the comment "Nice booty"

I've blocked him from seeing any photos that our kids aren't in, asked him to stop even removed him for a while but really, is there anyway to get him to stop with the comments?

We were married for 8 years and recently divorced, he had 8 years to admire the view and love me! Now I feel like cheap eye candy and that he is the dirty man that every woman hates to be stuck next to in public.


Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • I agree with the other posts about making another page for just the kids - that's what my friend did for her son, he's only 2 but his father is a cocky prick and would make suggestive comments on my friend's wall and photos or trash talk about comments her friends and family left her so she made a page for just her son, she posted pics of him and would post updates concerning only him on the wall posts and blocked it from public view and the only people that could send request were people she was also friends with so she added her ex as a friend on their son's page and blocked him from hers.

    Answer by anon1986East at 12:38 PM on May. 18, 2011

  • Block him. You can send him pictures of the girls through regular email. Problem solved.

    Answer by gemgem at 8:45 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • Well he is deployed and probably feels lonely, I would make a seperate facebook page, that you can put up your girls pictures and let them communicate with their father, I would block him 100% from the facebook page you share with other friends and family, if he is only making comments on facebook, the police will probably not be to interested in doing much,, a seperate page is really the best idea! Good luck!

    Answer by kimigogo at 9:08 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • You can't control what he or anybody else does. Your only options are to block him completely or to only post pictures of the children.

    Answer by NannyB. at 8:46 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • Hon, you also have the option of blocking comments (or certain people from commenting) on pictures, your wall, notes, statuses, etc. You really need to overhaul your FB settings.

    Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:51 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • I've been trying to keep it to where he can comment on photos of the girls so my oldest can read how much her dad misses her while he is deployed but you ladies might be right.. Might be time to block him from making comments period.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:53 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • It's hard to stop people like that, but you are doing the right thing by blocking him from your pics. If you have to take him off your fb friends list and block him as a viewer. And just get his address and send him pics of the girls in the mail. If he starts sending messages through the mail then you could stop him from doing that by telling him that you will turn them in to the police, then he will get the picture that you are not playing.

    Answer by rowej at 9:00 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • He would just laugh at that threat. He is a soldier and thinks he is above the law for some reason. I'm really trying to avoid getting the police involved for sexual harassment.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:02 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • You don't have to let him on your Facebook. Email him the pics of your girls instead. tell him if he makes vulgar comments to you, you will stop sending pics. then, if he does, stop sending pics. if for some reason you are required by court order to send him pics, then you have to. in that case, keep the vulgar email,and your replies asking him to stop and take it to court to get it modified

    Answer by jllcali at 9:34 AM on May. 18, 2011

  • One thing you could do is open a separate facebook account (maybe under the kids name) and put all the kids pictures on that, and use that as a way for him to keep in contact with the kids. That way he won't be able to see your stuff and make rude/sexual comments.

    Answer by MizLee at 11:46 AM on May. 18, 2011