How do I go about this?

So, my DS was at his father's house for the weekend. Since then, he's got a horrible attitude, which I'm used to when he comes back, but he's also brought something else back...He wants his cup with the top on it so he can prop it up like a baby. He's 4.5 years old...how did it come back to this? I know they have an infant at his father's house, but that's all I know. I don't know how they treat the baby or how my DS is treated. I have an inkling, but can't substantiate those claims.

So, how do I go about bringing him back to his big boy ways?

GothicChk52

Asked by GothicChk52 at 8:48 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• At that age he understands enough that you can tell him that in your house your drink from a regular cup and those other cups are for babies end of story!
    AmyLynn5398

Answer by AmyLynn5398 at 8:55 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I would remind him about the fun of being a "big boy". What are things he can do that a baby can't? Take him on a fun big boy trip that he would really enjoy and maybe give him a special big boy cup that isn't a tippie cup. You can't change what he does at his dad's, but you can make him want to be a big boy at home. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:57 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Just keep harping that he is a big boy and those are for babies.

Answer by older at 9:07 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm with scout mom. Remind him whats so great about being a big boy & that he can help teach his new sibling how 2 b a big kid too. Tell him he can set an example for his sibling by being a big boy. Take him to the store & let him big out a new speciaal big boy cup all of his own to bring to his Dad's. Maybe they only have sippie cups & thats why he's reverting back. buy a new one for home too! good luck.
    deniselvt

Answer by deniselvt at 6:11 PM on May. 18, 2011