How do you make your smoothies?

I bought a bag of frozen fruit- and wanted to start making smoothies for my breakfast. Any tips or (cost effective) ingredients I can add?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I have a Jack La Lanne Juicer that i use to juice my fruits first then i put the juice in the blender and mix it all together with some ice until blended and then drink.
    The recipe i like that i make for my smoothies is...

1 banana
    6-8 Strawberries
    1 orange
    1 cup of ice

Its really good and so healthy for you !!!!
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:24 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i throw a few scoops of the frozen fruit in, and 100% juice and blend. also if i have fresh fruit lying around i'll throw some in too.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 9:53 AM on May. 18, 2011

• the great thing about the frozen fruit is you don't need to add ice
    momofone725

• I put a scoop of protein powder, coconut milk, banana, frozen fruit, sometimes chia seeds!
    Suzi72

Answer by Suzi72 at 10:12 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I never use fruit juice...just filtered water - I use some fresh and frozen fruit, a little water and always spinach or some kind of green. The taste is masked by strong flavors like pineapple, bananas, etc. Add enough and it makes it a pretty green! chia seeds are supposed to be good too. Add in berries and if you're looking for a creamier smoothie, try almond milk. You can also add in oats, plain yogurt, flaxseed, nuts, and just about anything
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:03 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I never measure. Frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, whatever kind was on sale or cheapest at the grocery store), a scoop of whey protein, some skim milk and maybe a little pineapple juice for added sweetness. It's really all about what kind of texture you want. I know some people use yogurt, but even though I love yogurt on its own, I hate the texture/flavor it gives my smoothies. Also, I hate the taste of the whey protein, but its a good way (haha no pun intended) to add 20+ grams of protein to your diet and it *does* seem to keep me full/satisfied longer. You just get used to it. :-)
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 5:17 PM on May. 18, 2011