So need some help with debate Hubby and I are having About Cheating????

So with the arnold swarchenegger Thing going on... We got in to a huge debate about Men and women that cheat.. Well my point is when you are married and more so in this case I think she has the RIGHT to take this jerk to the cleaners. He cheated he didn't come forward and he had a child with her and SHE still worked for them intil a few months ago so I am sure his wife was caring and supportive to this women at some point of her pregnancy all the while she is carrying her husbands baby,, Money from their family has been paying child support and she didn't know how must she be feeling. I think that when someone choice to end a marriage based on cheating or abuse the other person should be able to walk in to court and get what they ask for... Please tell me what your thoughts are on this subject....

nicoal4

Asked by nicoal4 at 9:06 AM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• Of course I'd be pissed, but that does not mean you should be able to leave the cheater with nothing to live with. Yes they should provide for you financially just as they did during the marriage, that is if or until you re-marry. Also if you begin receive more income for any reason, that should also be deducted from the amount the cheater is required to pay. I do not think they should be able to walk into court and get what ever they ask for
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 9:08 AM on May. 18, 2011

• what does your husband think? That if a man or women cheat, that the other spouse should not get any spousal support when they divorce?

If i was Maria, yeah...I'd be going to court & getting what i ask for. No doubt about it. The man fucked up, he needs to pay the price.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:08 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i agree! if the marriage just falls apart because of too much time apart that is one thing but if an affair happened and a child was produced that she was also caring for unknowingly (support during pregnancy does count) she should be able to take him to the cleaners. I would be pissed!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Taking him to the cleaners is revenge and that's never good. That's why divorce laws divide things more equitably. Anger should never be a part of any contract, even divorce.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:09 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I think whatever the reason that everything should be divided,,, we don't know all the particulars in every case, I think she is entilted to half of the money, property, assets, as well as child support, I think in Maria's case this will be more money than most of us could imagine having! They have 3 kids so he will have to give about 50% of his income in child support,, I can' even begin to guess how much that would be per month,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:13 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I am not saying he shouldn't be able to live I just mean he screwed his whole family I do not think someone should be able to walk away with out suffering because if the idea of lossing your whole family was sad for you Than you wouldn't have cheat in the first place so you clearly need something to say I will not do this again to someone else... My husband thinks he is paying by simply lossing his family.... I think in the situation she should be able to wipe him clean and I feel that way about stay at home moms they stay home for the sake of saving money on daycare and taking care of your children as well If you choice to cheat or be abusive and they have to leave you should have to make sure they are taken care of... Mainly because of what your children have to go through the suffering and stress of their parents splitting all because you where selfish you should have to live with that forever and sadly some men don't care
    nicoal4

Comment by nicoal4 (original poster) at 9:14 AM on May. 18, 2011

• In most state if someone cheats or is abusive and you get a divorce you get what you ask for...
    nicoal4

Comment by nicoal4 (original poster) at 9:16 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Most of the time in cases like that the person who was cheated on does get what they ask for. In the situation you are debating odds are they had a prenup anyway and most of those have a clause about cheating voiding the contract. They are also in CA which is a community property state so she will get half.
    My thoughts having been the one cheated on and had my ex move in with his pregnant mistress i think they should automatically have to pay alimony. I was left with no income, no home (he had stopped paying the mortgage) and no where to go. I was a sahm. I was bot hurt emotionally and financially and left a single mom of 4 kids. I think alimony should be automatic when you cheat like that.

Answer by gemgem at 9:16 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I agree. Marriage should be based on trust and commitment and if the rug was pulled out from under me like this I would make sure my husband felt the same amount of pain I did, but in his wallet!
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:19 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Call it revenge all you want...i would wipe him clean & feel good about it. He can afford it anyways...he's friggen Conan the Barbarian.....

only man would feel the way your husband does...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:20 AM on May. 18, 2011