Do you think?

People on welfare should have to take drug tests?

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 9:12 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• yes i do & don't think the state should have to pay for the drug test either, I see so many people abuse the system & use their benefits to help buy their drugs all the while ,thier kids go hungry and bills don't get paid, it makes me sick.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:53 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, and they should take lie detector tests too! lol
    xmama_bellax

Answer by xmama_bellax at 9:15 AM on May. 18, 2011

• yes, but where's the money to pay for the drug tests going to come from? If the people on welfare could afford to shell out that kind of money all the time, then they wouldn't be on welfare, so the other option is taxpayer dollars, which would add to the cost of the welfare program by millions
    jllcali

Answer by jllcali at 9:16 AM on May. 18, 2011

• no, i think they should be forced to learn a trade & get a job.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:17 AM on May. 18, 2011

• No. I think that they legally wouldnt be able to do that however, I do think they should do job training (and most states do it now) and when they do a job placement a urine test should be done. If they fail the urine test because of drug use then I think the state should no longer give them state aid.

Answer by gemgem at 9:29 AM on May. 18, 2011

• YES
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 9:12 AM on May. 18, 2011

• you can have a drug tests done for 20 bucks at the hospital and most of them have more money than I do. They drive brand new cars and have 5 or 6 kids, If they can't pay the measly 20 dollars when signing their app or when they re-do it however months it is, oh well get an job.........................In order to qualify you must pay for drug tests first or you do not get welfare, bet more would work
    buttonlts

Comment by buttonlts (original poster) at 9:19 AM on May. 18, 2011