This question is for moms who DON'T vaccinate....

I repeat: for moms who DON'T.
Can you tell me about some of the shots? Like what's dangerous about them?
I've read up on this and joined a group but when my doctor hounds me I need some short answer come backs because he tries to make me feel stupid about it. I think having some up front info about as to why I chose not to vaccinate would help me get the point across. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Health

• It's not really his business, It's your personal decision and that's your right. I choose not to VAX my kids b/c of my doc. He won't do shots until they are a certain age. So I always wondered about that. He is very supportive about the choice to not VAX. Plus I am not going to risk god knows what going into my kids. I once read a list of things that are in VAX's like rabbit and horse parts and pig blood? NO thanks! We'll take our chances. Most likely if they were to catch something there's a cure that they probably would have needed anyways if they did have the VAX.

I am behind you 100%

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 7:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I cant imagine exposing my children to diseases that can kill them. What a shame.
    Anonymous

• http://www.askdrsears.com/thevaccinebook/labels/Alternative%20Vaccine%20Schedule.asp

Dr. Sears is middle of the road on vaccinations. He tells you what's in them. Give you an alternative schedule and also a delayed schedule.

The book give you lots of info. You can make the decision based what 's right for your family.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 8:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You flippin idiot anonymous. I can't imagine exposing my kid to vaccines!!! Did you know vaccines cause WAY more harm to children than those diseases and the effect actually wears off? It's made to make money. They even stopped giving the vaccines that wasn't making them enough money. Funny...If vaccines are SO important why would they all of a sudden quit giving a certain kind due to the fact that they aren't making money off of it? Quit trying to start drama and take your poison infested vaccines and shove them.
    Anonymous

• That's just like the flu shot. Was the flu ever so bad as it is today be4 th flu shot was so popular? Seems like every year the flu gets worse. It's a common since thing..Like the studies they do in the Mennonite/Amish communities and those kids don't suffer from the things that we see in our kids, cause they don't vaccinate?

Plus my last daughter has had no vaccines she has been the healthiest kid out of all my4. may just be a coincidence???? I don't think so.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• BTW. If your doc don't have the paper you need to sign for the school stuff you can get it at the health dept. I sign off  as a religious exemption. I asked my doc about that cause it's not what my religion teaches, but he said what you feel is your religious belief when it comes to vaccines. I have not had a problem with that part anyways, they just want it singed for their records

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 8:14 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Thanks Bizima4 and yes. My mom swears when she was little her mom would take her to get the Flu shot every year and she'd get extremely sick. When she got older and quit taking them she said she hasn't got sick in years. It's like the Flu shot CAUSES the Flu.
    Anonymous

• There is WAY to much information than any of us could possibly put in this little box... I honestly sugest getting another doctor. We did. If your doctor won't support your decision not to vax what would happen if something were to happen and you had to trust him to back up a life or death? In point of fact this could be a life or death. Talk to some others and see how they feel about the matter.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• In the mean time check out these sites... There is a great wealth of information there for you. I keep a file of information in my desk for any one that asks about why I don't vaccinate. I took some of it with me to my doctor and showed her the actual numbers and effects. Once she knew I was educated on the matter she stopped pushing.

http://www.vaccinetruth.org/
    http://www.vaclib.org/

All of these sites will give you both pros and cons of the vaccines and are aimed at education... DO yourself a favor and stear clear of any ANTI-vax sites as they seem to be aimed at making people who do vaccinate look stupid...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:18 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Personally, I vaccinate. But if you don't want to then I would change doctors. Having a doctor that supports and educates you is one of the most important things you can do for your child. You should have the upmost respect and trust for the person that will care for your child when he/she is sick.
    Crazy-Steph

Answer by Crazy-Steph at 9:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2008