Anyone else not feeling baby ?

I'm almost 24 weeks!!!!!!!!! I have felt her kicks before... it's just never regular and it's not very often. So, I've been to the ER and everything... they check the heartbeat and it's fine. So... what's the deal? I am overweight but is it normal for her to just not move all the time? My son moved constantly... worried

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It's totally normal to not feel the baby regularly at that stage. I'm pregnant with my 2nd child and I went through the same thing. I remember asking my doctor about it -- I told her that I feel the baby like crazy some days, and then it'll be even a day or two and I don't notice he's moving. She said that was totally normal, even up to about 30 weeks it could be that way. Hope that helps.
    ErinMarie123

Answer by ErinMarie123 at 7:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• It may be that she is smaller than your son was so her movements aren't as noticable. If you are really worried try a kick count. Drink a tall glass of cold OJ and lay on your left side in a dark room. There should be up to 10 kicks per hour.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• drink juice and lay down.,.. usually the baby will start moving in about 20 minutes.. If the dr says everything is ok than it probably is
    aapye

Answer by aapye at 7:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I am 23 weeks with my second and I really only feel movement at night, when I am being still.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 9:04 PM on Dec. 6, 2008