is taking ibuprophen pm safe to take at night? i'm 10 weeeks along.

i have been taking it and i'm hoping it hasn't harmed anything, i haven't had my 1st doctor's visit yet.
thanks, ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• No you cannot take anything until your second trimester and after that they usuall say tylenol products only.

Answer by gemgem at 7:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I would stop taking it now that you know you are preggo. The only thing they say to take is Tylenol when pregnant. It can be extra strength, but I don't think PM is okay. I know they'll tell you to stop taking the IBprofren at the doc though. I wouldn't worry about what you've already done, but stop now.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was told not to take ibuprofen when I was pregnant. You should call your ob and ask, even if you haven't seen one, yet. I was told that I could take tylenol pm, though. If I were you, I wouldn't take anymore until I have talked to a doctor!
    LilMae.N.MDJr

Answer by LilMae.N.MDJr at 7:56 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• "While ibuprofen is not known to cause problems during the first and second trimesters, it is unsafe for women to take during the last three months of pregnancy. It has been shown to cause problems for unborn babies that late in development."

Anonymous

• don't take it wait ask your doc before you take it any more please......
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Not ibuprofen... only tylenol
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 8:06 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• You should take Ibprofen when pregnant. They haven't determined that safety of it. I was told that I can take valerian root. It is a natural sleep aid that won't hurt the baby.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:50 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• ok this comes from WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOUR'RE EXPECTING 4TH EDITION "IBUPROFEN SHOULD BE USED WITH CAUTION IN PREGNANCY, ESPECIALLY DURING THE FIRST AND THIRD TRIMESTERS, WHEN IT CAN HAVE THE SAME NEGATIVE EFFECTS AS ASPIRIN. USE IT ONLY IF IT'S SPECIFICALLY RECOMMENDED BY A PHYSICIAN WHO KNOWS YOU ARE PREGNANT."

based on that information I would stop takin it.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 9:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• dont take ibprofin...................only tylenol
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 10:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• no! Acetaminophen is the only thing safe when pregnant unless your doctor says otherwise.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:54 PM on Feb. 12, 2009