My daughter won't let me do anything.....help!!

I have a daughter who is almost six months old on the 13th. I am having a problem with her wanting to be held or see me all the time. I feel really bad if I hear her crying and pick her up and she stops and starts laughing but as soon as I put her back she starts screaming worse. It's getting to the point that I can't even take a shower anymore, do the laundry or clean without litterally holding her during the process, and I'm so frustrated. He dad works from 9am till 11pm, so I don't get alot of help. What can I do?? Help!!

Tina0613

Asked by Tina0613 at 7:53 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You have to let her cry and learn to deal with you not holding her all the time! It stinks, but how else will you get stuff done?
    One nice thing I did sometimes was use the baby carrier. I just did my thing while she hung there on my chest.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 8:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Baby carriers are great. But during those times where you just need to do your thing, you may just have to let her cry. I do it with my daughter and she's 4 months old. If I need to shower, I take her in the bathroom with me and let her hang out in her bouncy chair.. sometimes she plays, sometimes she cries. Maybe get her some toys that she can get into or something, so she can learn to occupy herself while your busy. She'll eventually grow out of it. Good Luck!
    JDanesMommy

Answer by JDanesMommy at 8:05 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Buy a sling and wear her while you do your work. It was a life saver for us. Made for a happy baby and mom!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 8:40 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• i had the same problem with my son at that age, and still do somedays now even though he is 13 months old - I did let him cry but he could crawl at six months and would just crawl scream to anywhere I tried to go - I too did not shower and couldn't get anything done - just grin and bear it or just try to ask for outside help - I was lucky to have my mom close and once in a while I would have a family member watch hima nd even took of a day of work to spot clean my house so at least it gone done every once in a while. good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 9:08 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• she's a baby. she just needs her mommy. a sling is a great idea. she can tag along, you can talk to her, & you get your work done. just be sure to get the proper size as comfort & fit are very important. my baby was the same way til she started walking. now she just follows me around. lol. it's sweet.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 9:22 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I bought a jumperoo, it's the only way I can get in the shower. She usually can play happily until I'm done which is nice. That would be frustrating trying to enjoy my super quick shower with a screaming baby. I love the baby carrier. I'm going shopping with my friend tomorrow and my stroller won't fit in her car, so I'm bringing the carrier. She enjoys it, because she gets to look around at everything and plus it's nice, because then she won't be in the car seat in the stroller, laying on her head. (I'm paranoid about the flat head thing)
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I have the same problem, but my son is 3 months old. I use a sling, but most of the time he hates it. So i just hold him. All the time. :) Your baby needs you and its okay to hold her all the time! She'll be little for only a little while, enjoy it now!! That what i do, the housework can wait...really.
    :)
    odinsmom19

Answer by odinsmom19 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• fed her, change her, burp her. hold her, but you can't hold her all day she won't die if she cries a little. also make sure she not allergic to any of the food you given her maybe her tummy is upset.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 6:51 PM on Feb. 12, 2009