Did you have a hard time?

Did you have a hard time picking out a name on cafemom when you 1st signed up? I did lmao pretty funny. I would have used something different. I guess it was the thought of what other would think about the screen name I chose. Would you judge someone just beause of the screen name they have?

Gen

Asked by Gen at 5:34 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think we all know that no matter how funny someones's name sounds, that the person picked it because it had a special meaning to them. I wanted mine to be kristencarmela and I accidentally hit the "s" twice. Now I can't change it...oh well!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 7:06 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Who cares what the screen name is. Mine is my name. Some are cute, some are funny, & some (like me) is just them. You can't judge a book by it's cover. There are mostly definitly more important things to worry about than a silly screen name. Besides are you here to prove a point or to network with other ladies for the laughs, advice and friendships? You just be you!!
    HelenStoner

Answer by HelenStoner at 8:29 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I didn't have a hard time, but that's because I used the name "Pyratekk" for my DJing and print modeling back before my son was born. Once I decided to stop using that as my "default" username I went for something on websites I could remember...MamaPyratekk lol.

I'm not in a position to judge ANYONE, however I can admit that there are times that someone's username throws me off a bit and I'm not sure why they would choose that particular name to use on this site. For instance, and I don't know if this is actually someone's username, but when I see things similar to "potmom420"...is that REALLY the first impression a person would want to send?
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I would not judge another mom based on the screen name. It is like judging a book by its cover...
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 12:19 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't judge someone by their screenname but sometimes is a good indication of what their interests are, or what they believe in. Like darkwitch is a little different than sunshineteddybear.... I dont know if anyone has those names..I just made them up...but i bet they have different interests.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:04 AM on Aug. 9, 2008