Feeling very down

I'm almost out of money, DH's boss pays him by cheque, and the bank sent his cheque back yesterday. I've literally got about £20 until the end of the month. I couldn't buy my 18 week old baby jars of food, I had to buy Formula instead, luckily we've only tried solid foods a few times so Formula is fine for now. But we really need money. I've been looking into doing some sms jobs, but most companies want you to do web cam work also, which I'm not happy about. Anyone out there who can help with any genuin companies I can try working for from home? I don't like the idea of 'porno' work, or doing phone sex. Pls help :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• You could always put an ad out and do some at home babysitting for $25-$30 a day depending on how old the child is. Its easy money and will pay the bills and buy stuff for your baby. Good Luck.
    Amberlovesher3

Answer by Amberlovesher3 at 9:43 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Get some fresh veggies or fruit, steam it, and put it in a blender or mash it up with the water used..and make your own baby food. Freeze it in ice cube trays and then immediately store it in a freezer bag. Each cube is a perfect serving.
    I have a business that I have been involved with for over 7 yrs. It would cost at least about $100 American dollars to get started but once you get it going you will earn ongoing monthly income. We are in the UK too..I would just have to purchase an International business kit or I could help you find someone to work with there. :)

I also like to sell my stuff on Ebay..or have garage sales. I made some immediate money selling my maternity clothes and baby clothes. It was fun. There is also craigslist.org, or if you have a hobby and can sell items there is etsy.com.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 9:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• When you said the check was "sent back" do you mean there were insufficient funds to cover it?

This is not exactly answering your question but may help some. When our little ones were babies we ground up regular food for them before we salted it. I got a small hand crank grinder at a yard sale. (Would that be a "boot sale" for you?) Are there any government options for you to hook into? In the states we have WIC (women, infants and chidren) to help with food items when the children are small.

Can you take in a border? A university student? A tourist? With summer coming, depending where you live, could you offer tours of your town on days your husband isn't working? Is there shift work available until you get over this difficult patch, where you could work different hours than your husband? Is the baby still sleeping a lot? Do you have typing skills? Are there temporary agencies?
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 10:04 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Babysit in your home maybe?
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 9:44 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Try stuff envelops, or dog walking in your area
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 9:50 AM on May. 18, 2011

• DH boss has many outgoings, and a lot of moeny coming in from different places, he's got a lot of businesses and doesn't exactly work 'by the book' - so somehow DH wasn't paid last month, hopefully he'll be getting paid cash at the end of the week. DH works Mon to Fri, baby only sleeps at night time lol.

I only have GCSE's as qualifications. Not sure if you call them that in USA?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:09 AM on May. 18, 2011