Do your kids attend school in the public school system of KY or TN?

If so I would just like some feedback. We are considering moving to Kentucky or Tennessee.

Are you happy with the school system? Are you in a more rural setting or city? Would you recommend your school district to other parents? Do you see any downfalls in your school district that I may need to keep my eye on?

Like I said above we are looking at a possible move in the next year to either KY or TN. Could use feedback from parents. Thank you so much in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on May. 18, 2011 in

• I live in very rural southwest TN and I love our schools! I can't speak for the big cities and their issues but the smaller school systems are excellent here. They have small class sizes and still have a teacher plus assistant for each grade level.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:50 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yeah but school district sites do NOT give you personal feedback from parents who's children attend. Thanks for the laugh though anon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on May. 18, 2011

• we're planning a move to tennessee, too, so i will give you a bump.
    i do know that lacrosse is huge there. but that's about it.
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 9:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• That was not a joke..that really happened at the school I went to. So please check around. See if they have a PTA and talk to some of the parents there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Sorry if I offended then anon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:01 AM on May. 18, 2011

• OP - How did you see the first poster as being funny in her reply? I saw no humor in it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 1:33 AM on May. 20, 2011

• Tam I thought she was messing with me. You know thinking I was a troll or something. Gee people are uptight around here.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:36 AM on May. 20, 2011

• I went to school many many MANY years ago in Bowling Green KY. I failed miserably. They had an entire wall that was a mirror and the parents could sit in the room behind the mirror and watch. Plus they had cameras in the room. They spanked. I did not like it there. I would call and ask if they still do those things. Find the school district website and do some research.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on May. 18, 2011