People who believe in God (and Jesus) and the Bible...if you don't believe then please don't bother responding this isn't for you

Do you believe that Bible verses have different meanings to different people? That it isn't meant one specific way in ALL the verses?

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 9:49 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Bible is an "alive" book, so yes, it speaks to each of us in relation to where we are and what we need at any given moment. Sometimes, it can encourage, challenge and convict all at the same time. The Holy Spirit is the interpreter of Scripture, and He is the only one who has the power to do that.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Well duh...look at all of the different dominations, sects and religions that all use the bible. Same Bible...different takes on it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on May. 18, 2011

• of course.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I never once said ALL Christians used the same Bible.

I said LOOK AT ALL OF THE ONES THAT DO USE THE SAME BIBLE.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes. I also believe the Bible is a guideline more so than a rule. Meaning, it was inspired by God, it is God's chosen book but it was written by man. Not to mention it has been translated 30000 in 300 languages back and forth. It may be the chosen book but it is not perfect. There for some of it is up to interpretation. So yeah, it can mean different things to different people.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:55 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes. I don't believe now, but I used to, so I think I may qualify to answer even if only for points. But yeah look at how many different religions there are. As far as I know the bible itself hasn't changed, but the message is clearly different depending on the person who is reading it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:55 AM on May. 18, 2011

• well, not ALL Christians have the same Bible, but thanks anyway
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 9:51 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I believe people take what they want from the bible, and change/twist things in order to suit them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• no, you said "look at all of the different dominations, sects and religions that all use the bible. Same Bible...different takes on it."
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on May. 18, 2011