Do you have a Guardian chosen for your child?

How did you choose?
Why did you choose them?

Anon344

Asked by Anon344 at 9:52 AM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• By law it would be her father.

By my will it would be my mother.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 9:53 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes, I chose my sister. She sees my kids often and she knows the kids and gets along well with them.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• If something happened to my husband and myself I would want my aunt (who is more of my sister) to take the girls.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• My brother in law and his wife.
    Luuckymommy

Answer by Luuckymommy at 10:00 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yes I do. In the event of my death my 17 yr old and 6 year old would live with my husband. My husband is the 17 yr olds step dad but his bio dad is fine with it since my husband is more his dad then he is. My 11 yr old would go with his dad but share joint custody with my husband so the kids could be together.

If something happens to both of us then my husbands cousins would take custody. Same situation as above, except my 21 yr old dd would share custody with my ex I have an 11 yr old with so they could remain close.

Answer by gemgem at 10:05 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Oh forgot I chose this way because I love my husband and hes a great parent, and if he dies we chose his cousins because we are the same age, they have kids the same age, and neither of us want our parents raising them.

Answer by gemgem at 10:06 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Ugh, working on this -- I am torn between my mother and my oldest daughter (21).
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:07 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Yeah, we have chosen guardians, but we have yet to actually put it in writing in a legal document. We also need to get our wills together--we should know better than to be without as DH is an attorney.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 10:14 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I don't know of anyone as of yet......

banana-bear

Answer by banana-bear at 10:15 AM on May. 18, 2011