What should i say? would anyone else get annoyed?!!

Me and my SO have decided on a name for our daughter and are happy with it, and both love the name, we already call her Brooke and she hasnt even came out yet...STILL

LITERALLY every single time i see my SIL she says "i think you should change the name the baby to Stefany and NOT name her Brooke.". ((Because the dads name is Stefan. ))

and shell say, sooo "have you changed it yet???" "Can i name your next baby??" "Shes going to look like Stefans side of the family you know that right?!!?"

(All of this is in a very rude annoying irritating way its not joking its just being a b*tch)

its now getting COMPLETELY old...

what can i say next time to have her get the hint?? and would anyone else be annoyed by this?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 8:09 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Oh that would make me mad. If someone was saying that to me I would smile all pretty and say Nope! Her name is still Brook. It's it just lovely. With a big cheesy smile.

Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Tell her that you would never name your baby anything that she suggested so if she wants a name then she should keep it to herself! Or I would shrug it off and start making things up like "Why yes, we have changed the baby's name, we are going to call her Hulga." Or "I hope if she does look like Stefan's side of the family she looks more like the men, the women have big asses." and so on.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Noone like the name I picked out for this baby, Kyrian Gunnar. My mom said she was going to call him Keira because it sounded so girly, my dad hates it, most of the family think I'm insane. Eventually once they realized that was going to be his name they dropped it, but for the ones still clinging to changing my mind I told point blank that it was getting REALLY old and they just needed to get used to calling him by his name. Then I gave them that hormonal crazy preggo lady stare and haven't heard a word since.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• My mil did the same thing with our daughter she still does her name is payton alexis and my mil calls her lexi granted her middle name is alexis but we call her payton and she is only a yr old. but before she was born when we were picking a name she said. " I will make a list of names and you can choose from there" like we had very little to no say in it. It really pissed me off so i told her this is my daughter NOT yours we are naming her not you.
    edgpag

Answer by edgpag at 8:15 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yeah that would piss me off too, so i don't blame you for being upset....i would just straight out tell her that its not her baby and you can name her whatever the hell you want.. lol.. so you and the babys dad need to just ignore her and name your daughter whatever you two think is best for her...its not up to anyone else but the two of you.. lol
    New_Mommy09

Answer by New_Mommy09 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• by the time I was irritated enough to say something I would end up telling her that you have picked the name you like it and if she is so intent on naming a child then she needs to go have one of her own. it takes me a long time to say something that would hurt the other persons feelings but once i reach that point i usually come out swinging and it is a knock out punch... i'm a bitch
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 8:25 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• might just be me but i would say I'm the one having the baby not you we will name her what we want not you and thx but no thx were not changing her name we like and its staying
    Anonymous

• my babys name is arianna lady, and my whole family hated it b4 she got here, but i told them they had theyre chance for naming babies, this ones MINE!.. and shes gonna be a *LADY*!
    BabyGurlie1008

Answer by BabyGurlie1008 at 8:28 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• That is terrible! I am not sure what you can tell her, but I would try really hard to ignore her. It kinda sounds like she wants to get a reaction out of you.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:46 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yes I would get very annoyed by this, just tell her you and your hubby made up your mind on the name "Brooke" I get what she is trying to say but this is YOUR baby not hers.
    I remember my SIL tried to do the same thing she wanted me to name my son after her dad and her brother (my husband) and my hubby is a Jr. so that would have made my son the III (third) right. I said no way. You either have to pretend your going to name the baby what she wants or just ignore her or just tell her straight up...WE ARE GOING TO NAME OUR BABY "BROOKE" AND THAT IS IT NO IFS AND BUTS ABOUT IT...LOL Before you know it all this will be just a memory but you have won. GL keep calling her "Brooke" then name her. It is very pretty.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008