What do you do to fall back asleep in the middle of the night?

3 am until 5 am and I wake up on a regular basis between these times and I have to be up at 5:30 am during the week.

I have tried tossing and turning, closing my eyes and trying to relax, getting up and looking at CM, reading a super boring book and counting all the glitter dots in the ceiling... What do you do?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:01 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Just for Fun

• waking up at 3am every night CAN be a sign of fibromaylia (sp?)
    are you inder a lot of stress?

* i too did not sleep last night except a couple of hours
    because family member had early early flight
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:05 AM on May. 18, 2011

• If I get to the point where I absolutely can't fall back asleep, I'll get up and make a cup of warm milk. I hate the time it takes (though maybe it helps tire me out), but I heat the milk on the stove, add a bit of vanilla and nutmeg (if I had any), until it starts to bubble, drink it slowly, and that usually has me pretty damn tired by the time I'm done.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i wake DH up and make him rub my back til i fall back to sleep. lol
    EvansMommy31605

Answer by EvansMommy31605 at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i just continue to lay there if i wake up in hopes ill fall back asleep. i am currently sharing a room w my daughter so i cant get up and move around
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 10:04 AM on May. 18, 2011

• honestly, I pray. I think God for everything in my life individually and ask for help where I need it. I pray for others... I just lay in bed with my eyes closed and pray. It is calming relaxing and I eventually fall asleep. In fact I look forward to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I usually don't have any trouble going back to sleep once I go pee, drink water, and put my head on the pillow, I'm out :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:13 AM on May. 18, 2011

• waking up at 3am every night CAN be a sign of fibromaylia (sp?)--yes I do have fibromaylgia and yes I am on medicine for it and no I am not waking up because of arms, legs are asleep, tingling or numb.

are you inder a lot of stress? yes we are under a lot of stress right now also
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:16 AM on May. 18, 2011

• It's spelled, fibromyalgia, and that's where mine started. I take 10mg of Melatonin every night as im going to bed. Give that a shot. It works for me!

You don't wake up because your arms or legs are asleep, tingling, or numb, right? If you do, you need to see your doctor.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:12 AM on May. 18, 2011