Chicken Salad

a friend of mine made Chicken salad on Saturday and called me this morning to tell me that there was liquid in the bottom of the bowl and was wondering if it was still safe to eat. It has chicken, grapes, onions, celery, miracle whip and curry powder in it.

Do you think it is still safe to eat or would you just throw it out? I said throw it out but wanted some opinions. Thanks

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 10:25 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Still safe to eat. It's probably moisture from the salad separating out.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:28 AM on May. 18, 2011

• i only keep those types of salads in the fridge at most 3 days, counting the day it was made. i would toss it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:28 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I think it's fine. I can make it and put it in the fridge, it's like that the next day. It's probably just moisture, like Crafting said.
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 10:34 AM on May. 18, 2011

• as long as it was covered, all she needs to do is stir it and she's good to go
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 10:42 AM on May. 18, 2011

• thanks ladies I was going to finish it today anyhow just wanted to make sure it was still OK
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 10:36 AM on May. 18, 2011