Is it normal to have cramps in your legs?

I am in the first trimester is it normal when ur back and stuff hurt is it normal to have leg cramps?

momtobe522

Asked by momtobe522 at 10:33 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I didn't get leg cramps until late 2nd trimester, but as you know everyone is different. And holy crap they hurt so bad lol
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 10:34 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Its normal to get charlie horses in your legs during pregnancy. Eat more bananas. I think it is the potassium in them that helps keep the cramps away.

Answer by gemgem at 10:34 AM on May. 18, 2011

• yesmaam- i know trhey hurt my last pregnancy i got them round the 2nd trimester too and they hurt like hell lol
    gemgem- and ok i will try that i heard of that too
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 10:37 AM on May. 18, 2011

• You also might have a deficiency in magnesium and calcium. I use to get really bad leg cramps woke me up out of a deep sleep and would take 3 minutes for the muscle to stop contracting,then my leg would hurt all day from the cramp,until I started taking magnesium. I've been leg cramp free!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:43 AM on May. 18, 2011

• omg yes thats what happen in my last pregnancy i was in a deep sleep and i woke up with a leg cramp crying but thanks yall imma try that tho
    momtobe522

Comment by momtobe522 (original poster) at 10:46 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Stick to vitamins. I would wake up in tears with my legs cramping so bad. It's just a matter of finding the right combination.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:17 PM on May. 18, 2011