How do I get her to be more respectful?

My 10 year old daughter is so disrespectful these days, and no matter what punishment we give her it doesnt change her attitude at all

DawnVirgin

Asked by DawnVirgin at 12:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• Lead by example is the best I can say. If you are respecting her, she will start respecting you. If she is disrespecting someone outside of the home, make sure to let her know it's not acceptable and it hurts people's feelings.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I would start to remove her most prized possessions- the favorite doll, game, etc. Worked for my son.
    bramlettljb

Answer by bramlettljb at 1:34 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Aren't pre teens delightful! LOL...seems like she is testing you and her boundaries. ya gotta find out her currency..what she values the most..then take it away. When she corrects that behavior she earns it back. Gosh, I wish there were easy answers to kids...they should come with manuals!!
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 1:44 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• show her what she sounds like, talk to her the way she talks to you. it works in our house, good luck.
    aqua0264

Answer by aqua0264 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• don't punish her, show her what it feels like to be disrespected. Some things kids need to learn first hand... this is def one.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Take everything away.......pack it up and move it out. Tell her she has to change to get it back, or you'll give it away.
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 3:51 PM on Jun. 29, 2008

• There will be a meltdown, and it will be rough but it will get better. And you will have many more years of happiness.... Good luck.
    ToldUNo

Answer by ToldUNo at 3:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2008