I asked this earlier but want to see if i get more answers...

When did you start to dilate (what week) and how lon after did you have the baby?
I know you can stay at a 1-4 for weeks I was just wondering what your experiences were.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I started dilating two weeks after my due date! I had failure to progress after 72 hours of labor and had to have a c section.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I've always started dilating by week 36.
    Slinkee

Answer by Slinkee at 8:24 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Oh god, I started dilating weeks before. I was at 1cm, I think, about 4-5 weeks before giving birth. I was just a bit more dilated at every visit. The day that I gave birth (I was one week earlier than my due date) I had my weekly check-up with the doc. She did vaginal exam and I swear that's what kicked it in for me. I was about 2 cm and within 8 hours, I was on that delivery table. The doctor who delivered (her partner in practice) even made a comment joking around about how it was her fault! But, I remember doing so much internet research on dilation, deliver, etc. I just KNEW that there would be some way to tell, but my doc said that there wasn't a way to predict. She was right.
    Anonymous

• I went to the doctor on a monday at 37 weeks and was a 1/2cm dilated the next morning my water broke and when I got to the hospital I was still 1/2cm. I had my daughter 10 hours later.
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:33 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• I was dilated to 1 for at least 3 to 4 weeks before I went into labor. I was dilated to 1 for the first 5 hours of my labor, then in the next 7 hours everything happened. All natural,
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:42 PM on Dec. 6, 2008