Do I need to go to the hospital?

I have had diarrha for a month. Horrible cramping. Sometimes at work I just lay my head down because I am so exhausted. No fever. Just YUCKY!

Very tired too. So today I am having more sharp pain in my tummy. I have no health insurance. Should I go to the hospital. I only feel good if I only have a water diet. I can't get comfortable.

I have lost 8 pounds in the past 2 weeks without trying. Please help...Someone mentioned Crohn diease.

oliviahank

Asked by oliviahank at 10:56 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Health

• Yes. Go to the ER or Urgent Care.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:57 AM on May. 18, 2011

• You need to go somewhere...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:57 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Why did you wait so long! Yes go!
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 10:59 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Are you kidding me?? You should have seen a doc about 2 weeks ago!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:01 AM on May. 18, 2011

• You need to go,,, you might have something really wrong!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:01 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Go to the doctor. You don't have insurance, but a doctor's office or urgent care clinic will cost far less than the hospital.

My mom had something similar and ended up being diagnosed with a form of colitis. so ask about things like colitis and crohns disease.

Feel better!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:02 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I am broke and have no health insurance....I always have had coverage before...Can I go to any hospital? Will they admit me?
    oliviahank

Comment by oliviahank (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 18, 2011

• You can be admitted without insurance. But you will still be responsible for the bill, so you may have to talk to someone about payment options...If you've waited a month, you probably really should get in somewhere to be seen.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 11:08 AM on May. 18, 2011

• definitely go! maybe check around for free clinics first? be aware of them though. I had no insurance when I got staph either but it was life or death. stupid free clinic I went to said it was a spider bite (ya if the same freakin' spider was coming back biting up and down my leg) so I had to be admitted by emergency after 5months (25lbs dropped and nearly dying) for a week because I was in such horrible condition!
    -lovingliam-

Answer by -lovingliam- at 11:08 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I did check...the urgent care centers make you pay at time of service. It looks like the hospital is the only place I can go without paying out of pocket.
    oliviahank

Comment by oliviahank (original poster) at 11:13 AM on May. 18, 2011