1-2-3 magic! has anyone ever tried this?

It was recommended that my MIL get this book. It is supposed to help you learn how to handle and dicipline your children. My MIL has begun to read it and I am going to read it after her (she has custody of my nephew and since hubby is deployed we are living with her for the time being since I am 5 month pregnant) I was hoping some other mamas have tried or use this method. Anyone have any feedback?

amber1330

Asked by amber1330 at 11:07 AM on May. 18, 2011 in General Parenting

• wow I didnt know that was a new thing lol, my mom always did that to me when I was growing up. I was never spanked lol. I use it now on my own kids. I usually get to 2 and a half and they stop.

Answer by gemgem at 11:11 AM on May. 18, 2011

• It seems like a good system from what my MIL is explaining to me. My biggest issue is whining and no listening...I can't wait to try it and am in hopes that it helps.
    amber1330

Comment by amber1330 (original poster) at 11:19 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Dh and I have this book and have used the method with our children. It's not quite the same as just counting to 3. It worked better with some of our kids than others. We don't follow the method 100% but have incorporated it into our parenting to an extent. Like any other book or method, check it out and then try it if it sounds good to you, keep the things that work and ditch the things that don't.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:00 PM on May. 18, 2011