How do I tell my NEW boss that I'm pregnant??

I just got this great job in NYC, I love it- I'll be faboulous at it. I start Jan/09. My boss is really cool but when do I tell him I'm pregnant?? I'm almost 4 months pregnant and due May 20th.
How do I tell him, when is a good time??
HELP!!

chicmami

Asked by chicmami at 8:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wow, that is tough. I can totally relate. I started a new job in July and found out a couple of days after I got hired that I was pregnant. I didn't know how to bring it up, but I just went to HR first and let them know that I found out I was pregnant after I was already hired and that I was concerned about what would happen concerning maternity leave. It's better to tell him sooner rather than later. You could say something along the lines of you didn't know you were pregnant when you applied for the job, you really want to be there, and you are concerned about being able to keep your job as well as how to go about taking maternity leave. Good luck.
    JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 8:30 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• first off congrats on your pregnancy! secondly i don't know how to tell them. I agree with the first reply. go to hr and talk to them. You may not be able to take the full maternity leave. Good luck mami!!!
    bigred1058

Answer by bigred1058 at 8:38 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• you say... "I'm pregnant" my last day is ... any questions?? :0)
    Anonymous