All this talk of the world ending . . .

Is scaring me now.

JUST STOP IT PLEASE!

I find it very upsetting, so please just stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• sidesplittinglaughter

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:14 AM on May. 18, 2011

• "If you don't have anything helpful to say, then don't say anything atall!"

Ok, I'll bite... Exactly WHAT is a "helpful" thing to say in this matter? I mean, honestly, what were you expecting by asking us not to talk about this by talking about this? And why should those of us that find all this crap utterly ridiculous keep our thoughts to ourselves because it hurts your sensibilities? What- according to you- is the appropriate answer to your question?
    And to answer your other question... yes, I think you got Cafemom's point all wrong. A bit naive of you to think that this way a kumbaya community of friendly moms just wanting to help each other out. That's an actually naive view of humankind as a whole, but that's another discussion....

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:25 PM on May. 18, 2011

• If the world ends, there is nothing you can do about it. Why get yourself upset over it? You could walk out your front door right now and be killed, an airplane could fall out of the sky on top of you, a car could hit you, someone could shoot you.... Who's to say that's NOT going to happen? No one. Unless you are terminally ill, chances are you are not going to know when it's your time to go. So, read it and have fun with it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:16 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I'm sorry, but there's no need to get upset or scared. You can't live your life in fear. Just enjoy each day the best you can, and that way no matter what happens (even though I don't believe in "the end of the world") you'll have no regrets and a life full of love and joy. That's all that matters. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:17 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Just enjoy life.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:20 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I totally know how you feel. I don't believe that the World is ending on Saturday and I try not to worry. But sometime I have huge anxiety about my children suffering and losing my husband. As a Christian I know I need to remind myself to trust in God's love for my family (and me) and that He has a plan for us. If I truly believed in Jesus than I wouldn't be worried about anything..I guess I'm a little like Thomas.
    I think people get scared because they don't know what will happen to them after they die, or they feel that they haven't lived their life the way they would have wanted. Take this time to examine your ideas about death and what you believe.
    I hope you find some comfort.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 11:26 AM on May. 18, 2011

• OP ... why are you so afraid of things you can't control? If it is going to end, it will end and there is not a damn thing you can do about it. As for those saying that if you don't accept Jesus you are going to hell ... well, would you really want to share Heaven with assholes like that??

Stop living in fear of the unknown. The Bible clearly states (someone have the verse handy?) that no one will know the day or time so obviously this guy is a moron out to make money on the insecure and their irrational fears.

So, don't sweat the small stuff ... get out there and enjoy your kids and life.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:09 PM on May. 18, 2011

• "I just don't want to be bullied into believing something. I do believe in God, but I disagree with people saying: 'If you don't accept Jesus you'll go to hell"

No one wants to be treated that way, and no one *should* be treated that way, regardless of what the person doing the talking or bullying believes (I personally don't believe in hell, so please know that not all Christians are like that).
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:11 PM on May. 18, 2011

• OP: Google "end of the world predictions" They go back centuries now, and have all failed.

In the words of Frankie: Relax
    wenona_mandy

Answer by wenona_mandy at 5:31 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Who's bullying you? The only way you can be bullied is by allowing it.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 7:36 PM on May. 18, 2011