does birth control help your sexdrive??

i dont know what is going on but my sex drive has flat lined. i have no interest in sex and could careless about having it at all. would birth control bring back my sexdrive??

erins2ndbaby

Asked by erins2ndbaby at 6:08 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Relationships

• honistly i dont think it would. I do think you might be stressed or mabe alittle depressed even cause i have read that when you are stressed or depressed you tend to not have intrets in those types of thing but i also could be wrong lol... I would talk to a doctor though and see if there is somthing you can do to boost up your sexdrive...
    mommy113088

Answer by mommy113088 at 7:09 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Anytime I've been on birth control, my sex drive went down the drain! I have tried different types of birth control & I found that the Depo shot works best for me. No weight gain & I had more of a sexdrive than when I was on other methods.
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 7:11 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• When I got on birth control, my sex drive went out of wack. There were times I would drag my husband to the room no matter what we were doing. Then there were times when I couldnt force myself to have sex for months on end.
    cowgirl562

Answer by cowgirl562 at 7:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• When I was on BC, it made my sex drive go down... and it made my V dry. :(
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Instead of BC y not try exciting stuff like role play or sex dare or even try sex in a public place ( NOT TOO PUBLIC THOUGH!. LOL) but try some natural stuff. It might work. It'll get u excited! lol.
    MyBlessin

Answer by MyBlessin at 1:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I believe ANY b/c decreases pleasure of sex, and even sex drive itself. Why? Because you are in constant vigil not to get pregnant. One of those necessary evils of life. There is good news for those who choose it later. Sex after vasectomy is WONDERRFUL! After the first three months..retest..if there is no sperm, you relax. You don't have to think about it. No one ever told us about that benefit. I was talking to both my sisters and they said the same thing.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2008