Medical coding and billing?

Any moms out there who are medical coders and billers who work from home? I currently work full time and am a distributor for mia bella but next year I am going back to school for medical coding and billing and would like to work from home? Has anyone done online schooling to recieve their certificate? If so were you able to obtain it and work from home afterwards?

sophiasmommy720

Asked by sophiasmommy720 at 11:30 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Money & Work

• Awesome question..... I would love to do the same online if possible.
    emerald2

Answer by emerald2 at 11:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I do billing and coding for one of my bookkeeping clients. I learned how in about an hour. I have been doing this from home for about a year.

Unfortunately, as medical offices and hospitals move to EMR, or electronic medical records, traditional billing and coding will cease to exist

Instead, get some skills that can be used in multiple industries. Start at a community college. At the minimum, take Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint, along with at least one computer bookkeeping/accounting class.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:16 PM on May. 18, 2011

• At the community college around here they have medical coding and billing as a major however as I started doing more research I thought about specializing more into it and recieveing each degree separately would you recommend doing that? I feel that recieving my associates would be better than just having a certificate.
    sophiasmommy720

Comment by sophiasmommy720 (original poster) at 11:04 PM on May. 18, 2011