How do i go about potty training my 2 1/2 yr old son?

my husband and i have started to try and potty train our 2 1/2 yr old son. he will pee in the potty but he won't go poopy.

also he doesn't tell us when he needs to go. if we just let him run around in underwear and don't take him to the potty every 15-20 minutes, he will say "pee" but it will be after he has already peed in his underwear.

how do we proceed on getting him potty trained?

mamakitty86

Asked by mamakitty86 at 11:40 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Idk :( When you figure out though let me know...Lol I have tried with my son (he turned to last December) but he just doesn't seem ready. GL hun!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:48 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I started setting a timer and taking my LO every 15 min and sitting for 5 and as she got better at it I would take her at 20 min and have her sit for 4. I slowly backed it up to taking her every hour and sitting just long enogh to pee. This worked very well until we moved and it took her between 6 and 7 mos to WANT to use the potty again. She is almost 3 (in just a few weeks) and has pooped on the potty 4 times in the last month. It will come with time you just have to be persistent and patient at the same time.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:15 PM on May. 18, 2011