Baby shower invataion...

Is it ok to put the nursery theme and colors on the invite?? In addition to registry info that is.

Such as...

Nursery colors: pinks & brown
Theme: Rubber Ducks

Personally I'd like to get that on an invite... I like having some direction when buying/making a gift!!
Just wondering what you all think... Thanks for your input Ladies!!

Crafty26

Asked by Crafty26 at 11:48 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• they will know the nursary when they see the bedding and decor you put on for the baby registry... but doing the invites in pink and brown would be really cute as for the rubber duckies well you could do either or..
    lynnlang

Answer by lynnlang at 11:53 AM on May. 18, 2011

• If you put that on an invite you may get swamped with rubber ducks....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I think when they RSVP, the person who is hosting needs to tell them your colors,, I wouldn't put it on the invitaion, there is plenty of other stuff your going to need besides decor for the nursery, just be happy to get whatever!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:54 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Nope. Nothing about gifts should ever go on the invitation itself.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• U can let them know u have a nursery theme. It is fine! CraftingMama is wrong.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:53 AM on May. 18, 2011

• It is fine. But u spell it invitation. Don't want people thinking u can't spell!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:52 AM on May. 18, 2011

• yeah... I'm NOT really worried about the typo here... I wouldn't use the word invitation on the actual invitation

Good point about getting to many ducks... but she really doesn't want pooh bear, so we were trying to think of a way to say that without out being jerky. Maybe the pink and brown would exclude pooh bear by default! LOL

Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 11:55 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Every invite we see on line has at least info about where they are registered...

Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 11:57 AM on May. 18, 2011

• they will know the nursery when they see the bedding and decor you put on for the baby registry <<<--- Good point too.... but she already has all her bedding... that's how she came about the theme.

Her Mom is in charge of the shower... she didn't expect to have to talk to everyone who RSVP's... that part is not going to go over big! LOL

Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 12:24 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Thanks all... I'm still just a perlexed as when I started to design this thing.... I'll keep looking thru examples and go from there I guess. Nothing is ever cut and dry is it ;o)

Crafty26

Comment by Crafty26 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on May. 18, 2011