Smoking while pregnant???

ok so I am now 36 weeks pregnant, and before I got pregnant I smoked a pack of cigarettes a day, I cut down alot when I first found out I was pregnant and only had maybe 2 a day or so.. But then I ended up getting sick from them.. But now that I am 36 weeks pregnant I started smoking again, bout a pack a day again.. I have been smoking heavily again since i was like 28 weeks pregnant.. Is that harming my baby any now since i'm almost due?? Please help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:45 PM on Dec. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It was always harming the baby. The more you smoke, the more harm you do.
    Anonymous

• yes! it does not matter if your almost due. Smoking is smoking.
    effie777

Answer by effie777 at 8:48 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• yes its still harming the baby. Every time you take a hit of a cigerett your child is getting 75% less oxygen then it needs
    robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 8:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Don't smoke.

Answer by Bmat at 8:49 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• Yes you are harming your baby, you can quit if you really want to but you chose not to. I hope your baby is born fine and even if he/she is you may not see the effects of your smoking for years later.
    Anonymous

• uhhhh yeah it is harming the baby especially if its a pack a day your baby can have serious breathing from this i suggest you quit at least till the baby born
    Anonymous

• Yes smoking has it's harm regardless..I am not pro smoking while but try to cut down again.
    Anonymous

• You are increasing the risk of your child having asthma and other lung issues. Smoking while pregnant lowers the birth weight (not good, no matter how bad you want a small baby) and the babies blood flow. If you gave it up once, then you should again for the sake of your child.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 8:55 PM on Dec. 6, 2008

• YES and after you give birth your baby will be more likely to have respiratory problems, ear infections etc...due to your second hand smoke.

If you want your child to come first you need to get help and quit. I would seek medical advice.
    Anonymous

• Are you serious? It is scary that someone who is about the have a child is asking this.
    Anonymous