Would you rather live w/your horrible SO cuz you cant afford to leave him OR work as a stripper one night a week to get through nursing school?

I want to leave him. I don't see a future with him. He doesn't treat me right, but he let's me live with him and doesn't make me pay my share of the mortgage or electric. I cook and clean and work 26 hours a week. Ive been a full time student for almost two years. I pay my car payment, insurance, gas, and toiletries, and health insurance. I clip coupons and pay a third of the groceries, and make my lunch, or I eat from the dollar menu. I work at a coffee shop so I bring home a pound of coffee evry week and food. I buy clothes for me and my son at the thrift store. He drives his new car, and eats out for lunch every day and buys the latest new iphone/ipad computer toy every time. He buys two 12-packs of bottled beer every week. He refuses to fix his house (the leaky faucet is so bad, it will fill the tub in an hour).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 18, 2011 in Relationships

• If I was you- and had the body/ability to strip (its not as easy as it looks!)- I would definitely strip. Staying just for money??, I mean I get the idea, but wouldn't do it. You sound smart and like you have a good head on your shoulders-- stripping is a hard job to leave (so I've heard) b/c once you make so much money so easily, all other work seems less worth it. But you're in school with a goal, so I say go do that. I think it would be better for your child to see you happy (and not know of the job) than watch you struggle and be disrespected by your SO..good luck!
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 12:14 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would be a stripper because being with a man I didn't love just because he KINDA took care of me would make me feel like a prostitute. Not bashing you at all but that's the way I look at it.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:08 PM on May. 18, 2011

• I would strip my way through nursing school.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:59 AM on May. 18, 2011

• idk thats a tough one, for me personally Id probably stay until I graduated and then leave.

Answer by gemgem at 11:56 AM on May. 18, 2011

• stripper lol
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 11:58 AM on May. 18, 2011

• I have been a stripper and honestly it is a lot less stress than dealing with a poor excuse for a man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 18, 2011

• Option 3--Get a real job, one that will assist your career in nursing. Get your CNA certification or phlebotomy certification (more money in phlebotomy, better job flexibility as a CNA).. The courses are usually 6 weeks long, usually there are evening and weekend programs available, and cost around a grand. It's an investment in your future, those both look good on a resume.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:18 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Strip............
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:02 PM on May. 18, 2011

• Is like to think that I could find something else besides stripping, but at the same time, if nothing else was possible, and I wasn't already married with children, I might have considered it. But, leaving the money you'd make stripping for
    a job in nursing doesn't sound like anything I
    would give up.

A girl I know (not my friend) earned $6-8000 a month dancing 3 nights a week in a nasty, back-door club. The money is there, and great. Could you leave all that for nursing?
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 12:08 PM on May. 18, 2011

• matobe, good point, but eventually you get to an age where you are too old to be a stripper.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:09 PM on May. 18, 2011